You don’t have to sacrifice high speeds for your conveyor applications in potentially explosive atmospheres. Our compact lightweights, the SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units, are also available in an ATEX version.
Our smallest solutions: lightweight and compact, even in the ATEX version
What is special about SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units is their wear-free gearing. It ensures that the power is transmitted reliably and adjusts the speed in your materials handling system. Of course, it’s also included in the explosion-proof gear unit version: an ATEX-compliant gear unit for equipment categorie II2GD.
With this gearing, our SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units deliver output torques up to 180 Nm in the motor power range from 0.12 to 3.0 kW. The steel-steel material combination and the special tooth meshing enable a short gear unit design for space-saving installation of the drives.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our sophisticated modular concept and combine the explosion-proof gear units of the W series with the explosion-proof motor of your choice.
It’s the details that make the difference
Thanks to their aluminum housing, these right-angle gear units are real lightweights. Their special gearing and lubrication for life ensure that they require very little maintenance. These gear units are designed for long and reliable operation. No compromises: The SPIROPAN® right-angle gear units are suitable for almost any drive task due to their many design variants.
Configure your individual product
Efficient operationthanks to wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing and minimized friction losses.
Light and compactdue to the aluminum housing and the specially designed gearing.
- Gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categorie 2, variant II2GD
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in combination with EAC certificates (formerly GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardized robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Robust right-angle gear unit:
- Wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing (steel-steel material combination) and special tooth meshing
- Minimized friction losses, optimized mechanical efficiency, reduced energy consumption
- Vibration-free running/operation
- Small gear ratios allow for high motor power and high speed
- Lightweight aluminum housing
- Identical hole spacing and shaft heights in the foot and face offer many different mounting options
- Installation for W10, W20, W30:
- The oil quantity is independent of the mounting position in these sizes
- Available variants:
- Foot- or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Adapter mounting
- Asynchronous motor mounting
- W10, W20, W30: Direct motor mounting
- W37, W47: Motor flange mounting
W series / sizes 10, 20, 30, 37, 47
|Sizes 10, 20, 30, 37, 47||Size W10||Size W20||Size W30||Size W37||Size W47|
|Gear unit ratio||i||3.20 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||3.20 – 69.05||3.27 – 74.98|
|Max. output torque||Nm||25 – 180||25||40||70||110||180|
|Motor power range
(Mounting via AM motor adapter)
|kW||0.09 – 3.0||0.09 – 0.12||0.12 – 0.37||0.12 – 0.75||0.12 – 1.5||0.12 – 3.0|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive atmospheres with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Equipment categories II2GD
- Use with air mixtures
- With gases (G): in zones 1 and 2
- With dusts (D): in zones 21 and 22
- Small and fast-running conveyor belts in intralogistics
- Roller conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chip conveyors
- Sizes W10, W20 and W30: ideal for noise-sensitive work environments
- Sizes W37 and W47: ideal for hygienic applications in the food and beverage industry